Last year, 2013, was a very good year for me. Although it will be hard to beat I’m hoping for an even better 2014!
In 2013 I checked a major accomplishment off on my Bucket List, I ran the Marine Corps Marathon and had a great time in Washington DC that weekend! In order to make that happen I ran over 500 training miles including two half marathons, the San Diego Half Marathon in March 2013, and the Rock and Roll Half Marathon in San Diego in June.
We had a great time camping near Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Park with family. Although I’ve been many times, this was my first trip to Idaho with Jenny. We spent our first anniversary enjoying downtown Boise, went white water rafting, and biked the Boise green belt on the 4th of July, then headed north for a couple days in beautiful Stanley Idaho. For my birthday we had a terrific weekend on Santa Catalina Island. the trip started out fast with my first zipline experience, and we also had a terrific time hiking in the hills around Avalon and just relaxing in our hotel and at the Descanso Beach club.
We enjoyed our third year of Green Flash Concerts at Birch Aquarium and lots of other live music including a few of my favorites Sara Barelles and One Republic at the SDSU Open Air Theater, John Mayer and Phillip Phillips at Sleep Train Amphitheater, Steve Miller at the fair, and Fleetwood Mac at one of my favorite venues – the Hollywood Bowl.
We closed on our new house on 31 December 2012, so we had all of 2013 to get settled in. This inspired me to start a new category for my blog: Weekend Project. Although I got a good start on the house, there are plenty more projects to tackle over the next few years.
For 2014 I will do this a little differently than last year with a top 10 count down of predictions for 2014!
10. Week-end project – install surround sound speakers!
9. Develop an Android App and publish it to Google Play.
8. Weekend Project – Improve the storage in our garage so we can park 2 cars in the garage at once (novel idea)!
7. Our 4th consecutive season of Green Flash Concerts at the Birch Aquarium.
6. Bucket List (progress) – Complete at least 35 new (never been on hikes) in San Diego County.
5. Bucket List – Walk across the Grand Canyon not once but twice on a rim to rim to rim hike!
4. Check at least one item off my Bucket List in the travel section. Need to coordinate this with a few people so I’m not picking one now…
3. Visit family and friends in Iowa, Nebraska, Idaho, and even here in California!
2. One of my daughters will get engaged! (OK cheating on the prediction side of things as it happened on January 2nd.)
1. Bucket List – rock a grandchild to sleep in my arms!
I hope your 2013 was unbelievable, and your 2014 is unstoppable! Happy New Year!